This website (davidtharwood.com) is a blog on the subject of film, film-making, and other related topics. It is free to use, although we also profit whenever someone purchases from other companies via an affiliate link (please see our FTC Disclosure for more information). All products and services are offered without guarantee. We invite all users (both paid customers and the general public) to use the site and we welcome your comments on various blog entries. However, please be responsible in what you write, and please be respectful. Being critical is fine, but rudeness and personal attacks are not. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your writing or what you link to (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Dragon Local, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not presented in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Dragon Local or otherwise.
If you delete Content, Dragon Local will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Dragon Local has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Dragon Local’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Dragon Local’s reasonable opinion, violates any Dragon Local policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Dragon Local’s sole discretion. Dragon Local will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Dragon Local has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Dragon Local does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Dragon Local disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which davidtharwood.com links, and that link to davidtharwood.com. Dragon Local does not have any control over those other websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to another website or webpage, Dragon Local does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Dragon Local disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of other websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Dragon Local asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by davidtharwood.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Dragon Local in accordance with Automattic’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Dragon Local will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Dragon Local will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Dragon Local or others.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Dragon Local to you any Dragon Local or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Dragon Local. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Dragon Local or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. Sometimes, we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. Any updates will be noted at the bottom of this page, along with information on the date the changes occurred. All updates take effect immediately. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using davidtharwood.com within the designated notice period. Your continued use of davidtharwood.com will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
7. Termination. Dragon Local may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your davidtharwood.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Dragon Local and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Dragon Local nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Dragon Local, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. Dragon Local shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dragon Local, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
12. Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Dragon Local and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Dragon Local, or by the posting by Dragon Local of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Tarrant County, Texas. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Fort Worth, Texas, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Dragon Local may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.